If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (870) 934-0501

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Grease Fire Safety Tips

2/12/2021 (Permalink)

Cooking is the number one cause of home fires and injuries. Knowing how to extinguish a grease fire can help you, your family, and friends from getting hurt or having a severe house fire. 

If a grease fire starts:

  • Cover the flames with a metal lid or sheet pan. Leave the cover on until it has cooled.
  • Turn off the heat source.
  • If it is small and manageable, pour baking soda or salt on it to smother the fire. 
  • As a last resort, spray the fire with a chemical fire extinguisher
  • Do not use water!
  • Do not attempt to move the pot/pan outside.

DO NOT use four, baking powder, or other cooking powders. They could cause the fire to become worse.

If you are unable to extinguish the grease fire: 

  • GET OUT! You need to leave as soon as possible.
  • When you leave, close the door behind you. This will help contain the fire inside.
  • When you get to a safe distance, call 911.

Call SERVPRO of Jonesboro at (870)934-0501 if you experience a fire, and need our assistance with fire mitigation. 

Other News

View Recent Posts